About Star Scheme 2013-14
Sector Skill Councils are national partnership organizations that bring together all the stakeholders – industry, labor and the academia, for the common purpose of workforce development of particular industry sectors. The SSCs will operate as autonomous bodies. Funding is initially done by NSDC & Industry. As they grow, SSCs become self-sustaining organizations.
The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills; and
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill trainings
- Reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward of ₹ 10,000 (Rupees Ten Thousand) per candidate.
- Benefit 10 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of ₹ 1,000 Crores.
Training programs will be for a minimum of 30 days duration and will include training on social skills like health, hygiene, communication skills etc. It will be ensured that assessments are planned by SSCs only after 30 days of commencement of the training. The 30 days duration of training may also include On the Job training, Internships etc. if required
In line with the objectives stated above, this Scheme is applicable to any candidate of Indian nationality who:
- Undergoes skill development training in an eligible sector by an eligible training provider.
- Is availing of this monetary award for the first and only time during the operation of this Scheme.
Monetary Award for Certification is as follows:
Assessment Fees charged to candidates for each assessment will be capped as follows:
- Courses aligned to shop floor job roles in manufacturing – maximum ₹ 1,500
- All other Courses – maximum ₹ 1,000
SSCs & Job RolesDownload
Rise India Invites Mobilising partners for the Govt. Skill Development Projects.
We take pleasure to introduce ourselves and say that various entities of Rise India viz. Rise Skills Solutions Pvt Ltd. , RVS Rise Skills Solutions Pvt Ltd and Nexgen Edusolutions Pvt Ltd –are identified as NDSC partner for Star Scheme. We have launched the star scheme all across India to further the mission of NSDC in skill development
- We are empaneled with 8 Sector Skill Councils
- Rubber Skill Development Council
- BFSI Sector Skill Council of India
- Retailers Association's Skill Council of India
- Automotive Skill Development Council
- IT/ITes Sector Skills Council
- Gems & Jewelry Sector Skill Council
- Construction Skill Development Council of India
- ASCI(Agriculture sector Skill Council of India